Protein is the second most abundant substance in the body, next to water. It is found in every part of your body from your muscles, bones, and organs to your hair, skin, and nails. It's very important to consume protein to maintain protein levels in the body. Without this multi-functional nutrient, you could not survive. We have created a new "sub-category" of functional beverage; we have created the future. It rehydrates, promotes recovery, and restores nutrients, all with unparalleled taste.
Your body depends on water for survival. Did you know that water makes up more than half of your body weight?
Being properly hydrated separates a good performance from a great performance. Dehydration can lead to:
- A compromised ability to perform many functions
- loss of athletic performance
- heat exhaustion
- decreased mental capacity
- even circulatory failure in extreme cases
When cells become dehydrated, this triggers a catabolic reaction or degenerative state, resulting in muscle wasting, inflammation and a greater risk of injury. Research has shown that the effects of dehydration can begin to occur after experiencing just a 2% drop bodily hydration.
Every cell, tissue and organ in your body needs water to function correctly. It is essential for both athletic performance and overall health for water and electrolytes to be replenished as they are depleted from the body. NuAquos makes rehydrating easy and delicious.
Protein is the second most abundant substance in the body, next to water. It is found in every part of your body from your hair and nails, to your muscles, bones, and organs. It's very important to consume protein to maintain protein levels in the body. Without this multi-functional nutrient, you could not survive.
A study was conducted on 13 endurance athletes who drank either (a) water or (b) a carbohydrate-electrolyte sports drink or (c) a protein-carbohydrate electrolyte sports drink or water after losing 2.5% of their body weight through exercise-induced sweat loss. Investigators found that the protein-carbohydrate-electrolyte sports drink rehydrated athletes 15% better than the carbohydrate-electrolyte sports drink and some 40% better than water.
In short, we can't do anything without protein - NuAquos has protein - so we can't do anything without NuAquos. (See what we did there?)
Protein can taste great. NuAquos proves it with 12 grams of the New Whey Nutrition proprietary blend- made up of whey protein isolate, collagen isolate, and casein isolate.
Whey Isolate Protein: Whey proteins are very quickly absorbed into the body, and have a high concentration of Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) which are highly concentrated in muscle tissue, and are used to fuel working muscles. Whey isolates yield a higher percentage of pure protein and can be filtered enough to be lactose free, carbohydrate free, fat free, and cholesterol free.
Casein Isolate Protein- This is a slow-digesting protein which results in a steady release of amino acids into the blood stream over time, lasting as long as seven hours after ingestion of casein protein.
Collagen Isolate Protein- This is a medium-digesting protein that is about 90% absorbed within 6 hours. This diverse protein can help everything from athletic performance to wrinkles and heart disease. Collagen is good for the skin, hair, heart and joints, and fundamental for the recovery and rebuilding process. Collagen is the main protein of connective tissue in the human body for tendons, ligaments, bone, cartilage, and skin. In fact, collagen makes up about 50% of the whole body protein content.
The mix matters! Unlike most sports beverages, NuAquos contains all 6 base electrolytes, properly balanced with the 2:1 ratio of potassium and sodium for superior hydration. During exercise, or just being outside on a hot day, electrolytes are lost. Sweat, the body's cooling mechanism, consists of water and electrolytes that need to be replaced. These electrolytes have an electrical charge that can move through the cell membranes and carry nutrients with them.
The 6 Vital Electrolytes:
- Sodium regulates hydration and is necessary for the maintenance of proper blood pH. The transmission of sodium into and out of individual cells plays a role in critical body function including the brain, nervous system, and muscles, which require electrical signals for communication.
- Potassium is essential for normal cell function, and is necessary for a normal heart rhythm and stable blood pressure. It also converts glucose into glycogen- and glycogen is needed to absorb protein.
- Calcium helps muscles move and is used for nerves to carry messages between the brain and every body part. Also, it is essential for muscle retraction and relaxation and helps blood vessels move blood throughout the body. Calcium also helps release hormones and enzymes that affect almost every function in the human body.
- Magnesium is necessary for normal functioning of muscles and nervous tissue and helps in the formation of bones.
- Chloride, without it, the body would be unable to maintain fluids in blood vessels, conduct nerve transmissions, move muscles, or maintain proper kidney function.
- Phosphorus, plays an important role in the body's utilization of carbohydrates and fats and in the synthesis of protein for the growth, maintenance, and repair of cells and tissues. It is also crucial for the production of ATP, a molecule the body uses to store energy.
A trans-membrane protein commonly called "The Sodium Potassium Pump" works by moving excess sodium out of our cells and potassium into our cells, constantly balancing the relationship between Potassium and Sodium and keeping our cells and bodies healthy.
Functional carbohydrates are easy for the human body to break down and they are the most important source of energy for your body. Carbohydrates are converted by your body into glycogen. They are broken down into two categories: complex (slow) and simple (fast). Slow burning carbs are high in fiber and breakdown into glycogen slowly leaving you with energy for longer periods of time. The fiber also improves digestive health and can lower the risk of heart disease, cholesterol, and diabetes. Fast burning carbs work in the opposite manner, giving your body short bursts of energy. Consuming these functional carbohydrates help restore glycogen stores in muscles and prevent the breakdown of muscle protein. NuAquos has a proprietary blend of Maltodextrin, a slow-burning carb and source of fiber, and Dextrose, a fast-burning carb.
NuAquos has a 2:1 ratio of carbohydrates to protein ideal for proper recovery. This ratio promotes protein synthesis and reduces protein degradation, thus having the added benefit of stimulating muscle tissue repair. Moreover, recent research suggests that consuming a carbohydrate/protein supplement post exercise will have a more positive influence on subsequent exercise performance than a carbohydrate supplement alone.
NuAquos has more than a sprinkling. With meaningful amounts of 19 vitamins and minerals, NuAquos has what you need to restore what's missing and supplement what's not.
- Vitamin A acts as an antioxidant, and is essential in protein utilization as protein cannot be utilized by the body without vitamin A.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) is essential for cellular respiration and is vital for the utilization of protein, fats and carbohydrates by the body.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) is essential for the normal function of the nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) is known as an essential co-enzyme for many, if not all biochemical reactions involving amino acids.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) is essential in the body's utilization of fats and carbohydrates. Without B6, energy cannot be produced in the body's cells.
- Vitamin B7 (Biotin) helps with energy production and metabolism of BCAA's.
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid) is needed for energy production and the formation of red blood cells and is actively involved in protein synthesis.
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocabalamin) is necessary for proper digestion, protein synthesis, and the utilization of carbohydrates and fats. It also assists in cellular production and cellular longevity.
- Vitamin D is important in the function of the thyroid and pituitary glands, with one of its most vital and primary functions being to enhance absorption of calcium and phosphorus
- Vitamin E is a fat soluble vitamin, which research has indicated as a powerful antioxidant that is important to the integrity of muscle tissue.
- Phosphorus is essential for bone mineralization and makes up the stricture of the bone.
- Zinc plays key roles in growth and development, the immune response, neurological function, and reproduction.
- Manganese is necessary to metabolize proteins and fats, regulate blood sugars, and digestion.
- Chromium works to increase the efficiency of insulin to optimal levels.
- Calcium is known primarily for its part in bone health. It also helps in the transmission of nerve impulses and the regulation of the heart's rhythm.
- Magnesium is needed by the body to function properly, especially in the contraction and relaxation of muscles. It helps stabilize heartbeat and plays a role in protein metabolism.
- Chloride is required to move the muscles and aids in the digestion of food products.
- Potassium plays a key role in the functioning of heart muscles and is essential for the efficient working of the musculoskeletal system. It also plays a key role in maintaining the salt and water balance in the body, along with sodium.
- Sodium is important in your body is that it regulates the amount of fluid your body holds in order to keep it functioning properly.
Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) are essential nutrients that the body obtains from proteins. They include leucine, isoleucine, and valine. Research has shown their importance in protecting the muscles through prolonged workouts or strenuous workloads. Furthermore, they play a big role in protein synthesis, protecting against muscle protein degradation and supporting cognitive response and mental alertness.